- First seven days: You may cancel your agreement without any penalty or further obligation by delivering, in person, a written notification of cancellation within seven days of the date of your agreement. After those seven days, the agreement is no longer fully refundable, and your financial obligation continues whether or not you use the facilities. We sincerely hope you will utilize our facilities.
- Maintenance Fee: $37 + GST per member will be charged on March 15, 2018
- 15 Day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee: You may cancel your Membership without any penalty or further obligation by delivering written notice to Motion Fitness within 15 days of your membership. The initial fees paid are non-refundable.
- Physical Disability: If upon a doctor’s order you cannot physically use any aspect of the club because of physical or medical disability, you may freeze your membership at no charge for a minimum of one month to a maximum period of nine months. To process a freeze due to medical disability, we need a doctor’s verification note. You may choose to terminate the agreement if the disability will be for more than six months. If an arrears situation exists, the amount owing must be paid in full before cancellation can occur. Should you return at a later date, you will need to pay the start-up costs once more, as well as membership fee
- Long Distance Change of Permanent Residence: If you move your permanent residence to a city that has Motion Fitness facilities, you will be permitted to train there (pricing will be charged as per the applicable price of that facility).
- Agreement Termination: If you are making bi-weekly dues on an agreement with no contract, you automatically convert to a monthly agreement (membership) as specified in the membership agreement signed at the time of joining. At any time, you may cancel your membership for any reason by giving us a 60 day written notice, prior to your next billing date, providing your membership is in good standing. If an arrears situation exists, the amount owing must be paid in full before cancellation can occur. You will be billed for the period of 60 days after your notice is received by us, and then will be pulled from any future billing. All cancellations must be received in person or by registered mail only.
- Continuous Membership: Once having terminated your agreement, you will need to pay the start-up charges again and new membership premiums to institute a new agreement. Our hope is that you will be an active continuous member. In some cases, it may be less expensive for you to freeze your agreement if you will not be using it for a while, rather than terminating it and incurring the additional costs.
- Time Stops: You may freeze your Membership for up to 52 weeks per calendar year. Freeze requests must be submitted in writing on the appropriate form to Motion Fitness. To unfreeze your Membership, you must submit written notification, and any Membership that has not been unfrozen by the Member after 52 weeks will automatically be unfrozen. The cost to freeze your Membership is $3.00+GST bi-weekly and all requests must be given with 2 week written notice. Freeze can only be done in 2 week increments.
- Billing and Collections: If your account becomes 90 days delinquent or your automatic bank payment authorization is cancelled for any reason, the entire balance of the agreement becomes due and payable within 15 days. The member will be liable for payment of all costs incurred by Motion Fitness in the collection of past due obligations, if payment is returned for any reason, Motion Fitness charges a fee of $25.00. All returned payments are subject to a $25.00 administration fee. Motion Fitness Collection department may attempt at ANY time to collect dishonored payments and outstanding balances prior to your next billing date.
- Membership Card and Access: Scan cards belong to Motion Fitness and any misuse will lead to consequences. Any lost, misplaced or stolen card has to be replaced with a $10.00 fee.
- Annual Enhancement Fee: As per your membership agreement, you must pay an annual enhancement fee for yourself and for each of your family add on (if applicable) once per year. However, if a cancellation notice is received before the annual enhancement fee is charged to your account; it will be automatically billed in addition to your final payment, prior to cancelling.
- Debit Card Payment Discount: If you choose to make bi-weekly payments with a void cheque, you will receive a discount of $0.50 bi-weekly off of every regular bi-weekly due.
It is agreed that Motion Fitness, its owners, agents, employees, successors and licensors shall not be responsible for members’ or their guests’ articles lost or stolen in the gym or damage to any other property, including automobiles and other methods of transportation. In addition, Motion Fitness, its owners, agents, employees, successors and licensors shall not be liable to any member or their guests for the actions, negligence, errors or omissions of another member of this facility or their guests. I acknowledge I have read and understood the agreement and freely consent to its terms.
Motion Fitness shall have the right, without invalidating, cancelling or affecting this Membership Agreement, to make changes (including changes in prices, content and terms) to this Membership Agreement at any time without notice to the Member. Notwithstanding the above, Motion Fitness shall use its best efforts to give Members two (2) weeks’ notice of any changes to the Membership Agreement.
Your Rights Under The Consumer Protection Act
You may cancel this contract at any time during the period that ends seven (7) business days after the later of the day you receive a written copy of the contract and the day all the services are available. You do not need to give Motion Fitness a reason for cancelling during this period.
In addition, there are other grounds that allow you to cancel this contract. You may also have other rights, duties and remedies at law. For more information, you may contact the Consumer Protection Branch, Saskatchewan Justice.
To cancel this contract, you must give notice of cancellation to Motion Fitness at 431-A Nelson Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7S 1P2 by personal service, registered mail or any other means set out in the contract. If you cancel this contract within the seven (7) days, Motion Fitness has fifteen (15) days to refund any payment.
Please consult your physician prior to starting an exercise or fitness program, and prior to using the Facility.
Member has read and understands the above release and indemnity and agrees to the terms thereof.